Harry Lang Mosaic i3 Leadership Profile
Natural visionary who is confident to assume authority and be accountable for goals, sound plans and objectives, by facilitating people and resources.
Usually very discerning and bold when setting strategic direction for longer term projects.
Will tend to consistently drive others towards the delivery of targets and persuade more productivity where they feel it is lacking.
Is likely to be able to take criticism whilst remaining focused on project implementation and targets
Interacting and being with people more often than not.
A changeable and spontaneous environment will be taken as a positive challenge.
Will probably manage by being direct and to the point, measuring the performance against their own expectations.
Will clearly set out what they perceive to be important or relevant to the longer-term success.
Working with Others
Will tend to enjoy formulating plans and working alongside other sharper minded individuals.
Approach to Task
Will tend to be a keen strategist who is likely to take on thought provoking tasks and be accountable for actions.
Approach to Responsibility
Will normally take their responsibilities seriously and manage others to ensure they are true to their word.
Facilitating and inspiring people consistently to deliver strategic solutions in a flexible and changing environment.
Harry Lang CV
A passionate, creative and entrepreneurial global marketing leader specialising in strategic brand vision, KPI-driven customer acquisition, programmatic, attribution modelling, conversion and retention, product marketing, engaging storytelling and delivering significant growth for ambitious and disruptive B2C businesses. With 20 years of experience, I'm comfortable meeting challenging timelines and budgets which require an innovative, pragmatic, flexible and brave approach.
December 2017 – Present - Managing Director, Brand Architects
• Founder of strategic brand, digital, acquisition and copy consultancy
• Clients include esports betting operator Puntt.gg, CSGO Empire (interim Marketing Director across 35 markets - acquisition, conversion, retention and react strategy, events and brand architecture), Genting Casinos Ltd, compliance brand Rightlander and Cryptocurrency operator Lite Bet
• Interim placement as Marketing Director, Genting Casinos Feb – Dec 2018: -
• Fast response mandate in which I worked at Chief Marketing Officer level to drive positive and significant change across the interactive business
• Embedded to collaborate across the business, rapidly increase customer acquisition volume, lead mobile website and App strategy, analyse and optimise all campaigns against KPIs, negotiate new supplier contracts, optimise creativity and hired/ migrated the digital team to Malta
• Led the affiliate, social, paid search, copy and content teams and designed integrated marketing acquisition, conversion, retention and reactivation strategy for the UK market
• Led and delivered a brand architecture project for the new ‘mobile first’ Genting Bet brand involving stakeholder management from Dev Ops teams to the Group CEO
Results delivered: -
o Redesigned an integrated marketing strategy and budget linked to stringent KPIs
o Improved casino App Store chart ranking by more than 50 places through ASO
o Wrote and initiated actions from strategic White Papers on brand architecture, acquisition (PPC/ SEM), customer segment analysis, offshoring strategy & ‘Mobile First’ strategy
o Significantly enhanced commercial results with 30%+ increase in customer volume
October 2015 – December 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer, Pinnacle.com
• Created a versatile, high energy marketing strategy for sports betting, casino and esports operator Pinnacle.com (Western Hemisphere, 25 markets) and Pinbet88.com (Asia, 8 markets)
• Responsible for brand, acquisition, conversion, retention and reactivation of customers on web, mobile web and native App platforms and build of world’s favourite esports Betting Hub
• As a member of the Executive Team I had people management responsibility for 34 team members globally. Responsible for acquisition, product and cross-functional ROI across 100+ markets
Results delivered: -
o 24% above target new customer acquisition and 16% above target NGR
o Increased active player days by over 10% and book volume by over 15% in 5 key markets using Programmatic, Attribution, SEM & affiliates
o Rebuilt the web/ mobile casino product to enhance conversion by over 10% YoY
o Delivered the award winning Pinnacle.com global rebrand and eSports Hub including narrative direction, design style and marketing collateral.
o Built and launched native IOS and Android Apps and mobile sites
June 2014 – October 2015, Strategic Brand and Marketing Consultant
• Developed Brand Architecture for Product Madness - ‘Heart of Vegas’ - #1 social casino on Facebook
• Interim Placement - Rank Group - Head of Marketing for MeccaBingo.com
• Led a team of 12 across PPC, programmatic, affiliates, ATL, PR, social, copy and SEO
Results delivered: -
o 34% increase in depositing Mecca players over first 6-month period (Q1-Q2 2014)
o Responsible for delivering record native App and web bingo/ casino players at target CPA through a £7 million + budget. Key channels included TV, PPC, Programmatic, Social, Social Video, Events, SEM & SEO
o Delivered ASO campaigns to achieve 2nd place visibility in the App Store
July 2012 – June 2014 – Head of Marketing (Casino and Bingo brands), bwin.party
Responsible for meeting KPIs against a €23 million+ budget across 15 European markets
Created a predictive lifetime value model and customer insights platform for all digital channels with marketing B.I. team
Strategic planning, affiliate planning, social media, brand strategy, SEO, video content, copywriting, budget management, delivery against KPIs, multiple casino and games platforms including the launch of Party Poker Casino in New Jersey
Results delivered: -
o Increased YoY turnover by 25% via ATL, digital and affiliate activity in 15 markets
o Designed ATL and online strategy for Foxy and Cheeky Bingo to achieve over 30% uplift in new depositing customer acquisition using TV, affiliates, PPC and SEO
o Delivery of native App casino/ bingo strategies for bwin casino, Party Casino and Foxy Bingo and increased App store chart rankings for each MoM over a 1-year period
January 2010 – June 2012 - Head of Marketing, WMS Inc. & Williams Interactive
• JackpotParty.com (+ interim VP Marketing, Williams Interactive LLC in Chicago)
o Created and launched Jackpot Party Casino from scratch in the UK
July 2007 – January 2010 – Managing Director, The Fridge Ltd
• Founder of online gaming’s first integrated marketing agency. Clients included 888, Foxy Bingo and an interim placement as Marketing Director at banking start up Ivobank
August 1999 – July 2007 – Integrated agency roles at 141, Angel London & Inferno
• Clients included The NSPCC, Sparks Charity, BAT, Allied Domecq (Inc. Courvoisier, Malibu, Champagne Mumm & Perrier-Jouët and Laphroaig) Penguin Books, BT, ASDA, Sony Playstation and Budweiser
• Created Penguin’s award winning ‘Are You Good Booking’ campaign
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• 2018 – present – MBA student, Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University
o Distance learning Masters - marketing core (elective in International Marketing)
• 2000 - 2002 Diplomas from Institute of Sales Promotion and Institute of Marketing
• 1996 - 1999 University of Newcastle upon Tyne. 2:1 BSc degree in Geography
• 1990 - 1995 Harrow School, Middlesex
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Experienced conference speaker – ICE, LAC, EIG, Power50, IGB Affiliate & Betting on Sports
Passionate storyteller and author of two novels - ‘Try Morality’ and ‘Parabolic’ available on Amazon
Team Leader in the Press Zone at the London Olympics 2012